Uncle Wally’s Company Profile
Wally “Famous” Amos founded “Uncle Noname” Cookie Company in 1993. In 1995, the firm’s business model was restructured and the organization’s two operating entities changed their names to Uncle Wally’s (our sales and marketing component) and United Baking Co. (our manufacturing and parent corporation). We are privately held and are 100% employee owned. Today, we pride ourselves as a family business, growing each year with the passion and focus that inspires our work. The core group of people who started Uncle Wally’s are still actively driving the company. Through the years, we have complemented our team with strategic hires to sharpen our focus. The Uncle Wally’s brand and our strategic private label muffins are available nationally in over 10,000 stores.
Our Reputation and Aspiration
Our goals include developing a sustainable growth engine that will create jobs and help our partners become more successful. We have earned a reputation for delivering on our commitments and doing the right thing along the way. Our best days are still in front of us. One of our company goals is to claim the muffin category!
Our Spirit of Innovation
We challenge our team to create new products and processes and identify partners who will enable great opportunities to develop across our company. From starting as the best fat-free muffin company, we have evolved to a point where today we bake a complete family of muffins. Our product line has expanded to include an array of Rich & Moist Muffins, such as indulgently delectable Banana Nut, Chocolate Chip and Blueberry. At the other end of the spectrum are healthy choices. They include Fat Free, Sugar Free, Fiber One, Smart Portion, and Snack Muffins, with more innovations to come. Uncle Wally’s is positioned for sustainable growth.
Our Bakery and Muffins
- Two production facilities totaling 100,000 sq. feet located in Long Island, NY
- Four baking lines, including one for small scale baking and testing
- State of the art, energy efficient systems
- Wide range of muffin products from 1.0 to 4.5 ounces with various packaging configurations from individually wrapped, family-style boxes to bulk packaging
Commitment to Quality
- We are committed to quality as an everyday focus
- We achieved an American Bakers Institute (AIB) “Excellent” rating in 2008, “Superior” in 2009, and “Superior” in 2010
- Safe Quality Food (SQF) Certified - February 2011
- Meeting the needs of quality-driven customers such as General Mills, Wal-Mart, Costco, Bimbo Bakeries (Entenmanns), Interstate Baking Co., and Sam’s Club has moved excellence to a front and center position within our company; we are proud of our achievements in quality standards and performance!
When You Think of Uncle Wally’s, We Hope You Think of:
- a strong management team with great people and partners;
- an innovative, agile and lean company that navigates effectively from ideas through execution;
- a full breath of services from research and development, product positioning and packaging design, though strategic selling opportunities;
- a valued business partner helping you achieve your goals by becoming an extension of your team
We are on a quest to meet companies and partners who have the passion to make a difference and build a future that is impactful and sustainable. We have ever-expanding capacity available for the right opportunities!
When you think of muffins,
it is our hope that one company comes to mind
Always a Delicious Choice!